Read each question carefully. Answer all questions. Time
limit: 4 hours. Begin immediately.
- Describe the history of the papacy from its origins to the
present day,concentrating especially, but not exclusively, on
its social, political, economic, religious, and philosophical
impact on Europe, Asia, America, and Africa. Be brief,
concise, and specific.
- You have been provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze
and a bottle of scotch. Remove your appendix. Do not suture
until your work has been inspected. You have fifteen minutes.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING:
- 2500 riot-crazed aborigines are storming the classroom. Calm
them. You may use any ancient language except Latin or Greek.
- Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human
culture if this form of life had developed 500 million years
earlier, with special attention to its probable effect on the
English parliamentary system. Prove your thesis.
- Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate and perform it with a
flute and drum. You will find a piano under your seat.
- Based on your knowledge of their works, evaluate the emotional
stability, degree of adjustment, and repressed frustrations
of each of the following: Alexander of Aphrodisias, Rameses
II, Gregory of Nicia, Hammurabi. Support your evaluation
with quotations from each man's work, making appropriate
references. It is not necessary to translate.
- Estimate the sociological problems which might accompany the
end of the world. Construct an experiment to test your theory.
- The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle have been
placed on your desk. You will also find an instruction
manual, printed in Swahili. In 10 minutes a hungry Bengal
tiger will be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you
feel appropriate. Be prepared to justify your decision.
- Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national debt.
Trace the possible effects of your plan in the following
areas: Cubism, the Donatist controversy, the wave theory of
light. Outline a method from all possible points of view, as
demonstrated in your answer to the last question.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE:
- There is a red telephone on the desk beside you. Start World
War III. Report at length on its socio-political effects, if
- Take a position for or against truth. Prove the validity of
- Explain the nature of matter. Include in your answer an
evaluation of the impact of the development of mathematics on
- Sketch the development of human thought, estimate its
significance. Compare with the development of any other kind
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Describe in detail. Be objective and specific.
If you finish early turn your paper in at the table at the front of
Updated at 15:47 EST on Tue Apr 11, 2006